Here’s another fun fact: If you’re looking to improve dark spots, dullness, pore size, sun damage, rough texture, uneven tone or fine lines, you will LOVE CoolPeel!
Here’s a comparison of CoolPeel vs. chemical peels, plus tips for determining which treatment is right for you.
This laser skin treatment uses CO2 energy to gently resurface the outer layers of your skin. We consider the CoolPeel a “lighter” skin treatment, in comparison to Halo, which offers more intense skin resurfacing and up to a week of social downtime.
CoolPeel is ideal if:
- You’re looking for minimal to no downtime.
- Your skin is Fitzpatrick types 1-3 (lighter skin tones)
- You’re looking for brighter, more even skin tone
- You have small veins or broken capillaries you’d like to minimize
- You have redness in your complexion you’d like to correct
- You’d like to improve your skin texture
Generally speaking, laser skin treatments like CoolPeel are wonderful tools for correcting a wide range of skin tone concerns, including redness, rosacea, dark spots and freckles. What’s more, CoolPeel can also tackle broken capillaries and small veins, common complexion concerns that a chemical peel can’t reach.
Chemical peels use fruit acids and other specially prepared ingredients to exfoliate the outermost layers of skin. Chemical peels come in a variety of intensities, and we will tailor your chemical peel to your skin’s unique needs and goals. We will apply the chemical solution to your skin and leave it on for a precise period of time before applying a neutralizing solution and rinsing your peel off. Your skin may be red for a few days before sloughing off and revealing a radiant, more evenly toned complexion.
Chemical peels are ideal if:
- Your skin is darker (Fitzpatrick types 4 and higher). Please note: Chemical peels are suitable for all skin tones.
- You are hoping to correct dark spots, melasma or other pigmentation concerns that occur in the top layers of skin. (Redness or small veins occur in the deeper layers of skin, which can only be targeted by a laser or IPL/BBL® energy).
- You are comfortable with a few days of social downtime, depending on the intensity of your peel.
- You are looking to improve your skin texture.
Both CoolPeel and chemical peels are amazing skin treatments that can help you achieve a wide range of complexion improvements. If you’re still not sure which treatment is right for you, don’t worry! We will help you decide during your personal consultation.
This month, we’re offering $75 off CoolPeel, so it’s a great time to treat yourself! Plus, to boost your results, we recommend pairing any of your treatments with medical-grade skin care. You’ll get 15% off retail when you purchase any service this month, so don’t miss out!