FDA-approved dermal fillers help:
- Restore lost facial volume
- Enhance the lips
- Smooth smoker’s lines
- Smooth nasolabial folds
- Diminish acne scars
faqs: dermal fillers
in albany, ny
Which dermal fillers do I need?
Each Juvéderm filler is formulated to rejuvenate a specific area of the face. We can help you devise your optimal treatment plan during your personal consultation. Here are the highlights of each filler:
- Juvéderm smooths lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds) and also enhances the lips and mouth area for up to 6 months per treatment.
- Vollure™ XC is similar to Juvéderm but provides longer-lasting benefits, up to 12 months per treatment.
- Voluma® XC helps to replenish lost volume in the cheeks for up to 2 years per treatment.
- Volbella® offers subtle-looking lip enhancement and smooths vertical lip lines for up to 6 months per treatment.
Are dermal fillers painful?
We will take every precaution to ensure your comfort throughout your injectable treatment. Every Juvéderm filler we offer contains lidocaine, a topical anesthetic that helps to numb the sites of injection. You will feel a pinching sensation as your dermal filler is being administered, but this sensation dissipates as soon as your injection is over.
Is there downtime with dermal fillers?
There is minimal to no downtime with dermal fillers, but every person responds differently to treatment.
What are the most common side effects with dermal fillers?
With any injection, there is risk of swelling, bruising, and pinpoint bleeding. To reduce your risk of bruising, we advise abstaining from alcohol, aspirin and other blood thinners for a full week before your injectables session and in the days following. To reduce swelling, we will place a cool towel or cold pack over your treatment areas, which shrinks blood vessels and reduces any bleeding.
When will I see results from my dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers provide immediate benefits, as the smooth gel replenishes lost volume and smooths wrinkles and lines before your eyes. However, optimal results are usually seen up to a week following your session, as swelling subsides and your dermal fillers have a chance to fully settle into your contours.