Summer is the best time to shed unwanted inches. When the weather’s warmer and the days are longer, it’s easier to get more movement into your day and there are more fun ways to do it. Swimming, surfing, bike rides, hikes, and long walks on the beach are ideal for getting the body moving. And chores count as exercise too, so you’ll get the benefits even when you’re gardening, mowing the lawn, or painting the backyard fence.
Losing a few extra pounds has a surprising number of health benefits. Shedding even a tiny amount of body fat – as little as 5% – can help address a number of health concerns and act as a preventative for others. Here are seven health benefits you can expect after you’ve lost a few extra pounds:
● Your immune system gets a boost, so you’ll have fewer colds and infections.
● Less pressure on your lower body joints will help ease pain and prevent arthritis.
● Lower blood pressure is good for your heart in the short and long term.
● Reduced sleep apnea and better sleep will help regulate your metabolism.
● An increase in endorphins from the exercise you’re doing will put you in a better mood and help ease depressive symptoms over time.
● Less inflammation will help prevent arthritis and heart disease for the future.
● You’ll feel more energized and improved oxygen efficiency means you’ll get winded less easily from activity.
At Semblance Medspa, we encourage all our clients to follow a healthy lifestyle, including moving regularly and eating well. But we understand that it’s not always easy to lose weight and that there are certain areas of the body which seem to be immune to diet and exercise, such as around the abdomen, under the chin and upper arms, on the hips, and more.
For your trouble spots, we’re pleased to offer CoolSculpting®, the world’s most trusted non-invasive fat reduction and body contouring treatment. CoolSculpting freezes unwanted fat cells, causing them to die so that the body can eliminate them naturally. Once gone, you won’t gain weight in those particular fat cells anymore.